NORRIS BROTHERS, a heavy machinery moving and erecting concern, was established in 1867 when Thomas Norris started the business. A family operation, Norris Bros. has always maintained close links with the City of Cleveland. In the 1920s the firm delivered loads of structural steel to the Public Hall construction site at E. 6th and Lakeside. Since that time it has handled exhibit and display materials and equipment to and from Public Hall. Although there were internal organization and ownership changes in 1976, the company remained privately held and managed by direct descendants of Thomas Norris. In 2004, Norris Brother was headquartered at 2138 Davenport Ave in Cleveland.