The RENNER FOUNDATION, incorporated in 1947 in Ohio as the Renner Clinic Foundation, was founded by R. Richard Renner, M.D. (d. 1979), founder of HILLCREST HOSPITAL. The independent foundation has especially supported HIGHER EDUCATION as well as HOSPITALS AND HEALTH PLANNING, with a new emphasis in the 1990s on environment, conservation, and wildlife. It has established professorships and scholarship funds, primarily in West Virginia and Ohio. In 1992, with assets of over $3.1 million, the Renner Foundation gave $122,800 in 1 grant. John W. Renner served the foundation as president in 1994; offices were located on EUCLID AVE.