The RUBINSTEIN CLUB was a local women's chorus. Organized in Feb. 1899, the club was led by Mrs. Royce Day Fry, who had studied voice and conducting with Carl Zerrahn in Boston. It gave its first public performance at Plymouth Church in May 1899 with a chorus of 16 voices. Under Fry's direction, the club developed into a fine choral group and joined the Natl. Fed. of Music Clubs. In 1905 the club's organist and choirmaster, JAS. ROGERS, became its conductor. Concert programs under his direction featured classical choral works by such composers as Wagner and Debussy. A noted singer, Mrs. Seabury Ford, became the club's new music director in 1907. Emphasizing tone quality, articulation, and pronunciation, she succeeded in getting the best results from her singers, as noted in critical reviews of the club's biannual concerts. Under Ford's guidance, the 85-voice chorus would often invite soloists to perform and frequently performed the compositions of such Cleveland composers as Homer Hatch and Fanny Snow Knowlton. Citing the demands of her own solo career and her duties as a mother, Mrs. Ford resigned in 1910 and was succeeded by composer Chas. Sommer. A concert of works by Bruch and Schubert in 1912 was the club's last, and in 1915 it was officially disbanded.