SHAW, GLENN MOORE (6 Feb. 1891-22 Aug. 1981) achieved his reputation as a painter primarily on the strength of his murals. Born to Arthur B. and Grace Moore in OLMSTED FALLS, he graduated from WEST HIGH SCHOOL and the Cleveland School of Art (see CLEVELAND INSTITUTE OF ART). In 1917 he married ELSA VICK SHAW, a schoolmate from both institutions. He taught at the art institute from 1922-57, serving as head of the mural painting section for the last 20 years. The first of Shaw's more than 60 murals was an Italian market scene he executed for the United Bank Bldg. across from the WEST SIDE MARKET on W. 25th St. Other mural commissions included scenes for the Federal Reserve Bank in Pittsburgh, the Canton, O., post office, the Lakewood High School auditorium, the Chicago Century of Progress exhibition, and the liner S.S. America. He also painted the fresco in the Cleveland Greyhound bus station. During WORLD WAR II he taught classes at CSA in camouflage. Shaw was also an easel painter, winning numerous prizes in the annual MAY SHOW. He was first president of the Lakewood Art Club and also served as president of the Cleveland Fine Arts Advisory Committee, the CLEVELAND SOCIETY OF ARTISTS, and the Ohio Water Color Society. Moving with Mrs. Shaw to Arizona in 1968, he became a frequent writer of letters to the editor prior to his death in Sun City. He left no survivors.