STATE INDUSTRIAL was founded under the name State Chemical Manufacturing Company on 11 November, 1911, by Jay Zucker. His first product on the market was a floor-sweeping compound which was marketed exclusively to Clevelanders. The success of this product grew the company’s size and the variety of services offered.
In 1966, State Industrial moved to 3610 Hamilton Avenue in modern day TREMONT, which was once a booming industrial district. In 1971, Zucker’s son Malcolm became president. Malcolm Zucker eventually passed the business to his son-in-law, Hal Uhrman, in 1989. Today, Seth Uhrman is the Chief Executive Officer, he is both the great grandson of Jay Zucker and the son of Hal Uhrman.
In 2010, State Industrial acquired the 200,000 square foot manufacturing plant at 282 North High Street in Hebron, Ohio, which remains their central production location. From drain maintenance, to air care programs, cleaning systems, maintenance supplies, auxiliary programs, and home and kitchen wares, their products have expanded far beyond the floor cleaners they continue to offer.
State Industrial is a member of THE ONE HUNDRED YEAR CLUB OF THE WESTERN RESERVE