The TREMCO FOUNDATION, in BEACHWOOD, was established in 1950 by Tremco Manufacturing Co. (later TREMCO, INC.). The corporate foundation has supported community funds, HIGHER EDUCATION, social services and cultural programs, primarily in Cleveland, as well as a program for matching employee charitable gifts. In 1992 the foundation, with assets of $2.5 million, distributed $157,487 for 82 grants, ranging from $25 to $36,500. Recipients included UNITED WAY SERVICES, Cleveland ($73,000), United Way Services of Ohio ($18,423), and the Woodland East Community Fund ($15,000). In 1994 the Tremco Foundation was led by officer Mark A. Steinbock. However, in Dec. 1994 the foundation merged with the B.F. Goodrich Foundation, the charitable arm of its parent company, B.F. Goodrich. As of 1995, the Tremco Foundation no longer existed.
See also FOUNDATIONS, PHILANTHROPY.