The VIXSEBOXSE GALLERY, one of Cleveland's oldest and most prominent art galleries, was established by Wm. Vixseboxse in 1922. A painter as well as an avid collector himself, Vixseboxse had come to the U.S. from his native Rotterdam in 1904 and taken a job as a designer with the interior design firm of Webber-Lind & Hall. The first gallery opened in 1922 in the Vickers Bldg. at Euclid and E. 65th St. In 1935 the gallery moved into the Howe mansion at 2258 Euclid Ave., which had just been vacated by the GAGE GALLERIES. It remained at that location until 1979, when the gallery was moved to its present (1995) location in CLEVELAND HTS., at 12413 Cedar Rd. and Fairmount Blvd. The gallery specializes in the buying and selling of fine 19th and early 20th century American and European paintings, watercolors, and prints. Wm. Vixseboxse died in 1974, after which the gallery operated under his son, Bernard (d. 1982), and daughter, Jeannette Vixseboxse Yeagle (d. 1991). The gallery, in 1995, was operated by Bernard's daughter, Ellen Kloppman, and her husband, Grant.