WEST END LUMBER is Cleveland’s oldest lumber and building materials supplier. Since 1896, the company has maintained Cleveland’s oldest lumber yard, originally located at 7517 Lorain Avenue. Their early lumber deliveries were made via horse and buggy.
On what used to be a dirt road, West End Lumber was started by Louis Kopitske, a Prussian emigrant who later sold the business to J. Warren Coleman in 1917. The Coleman family moved from the original location to 4520 W 130th St, where they still conduct business.
In 1980 West End Lumber was purchased by the Ace Hardware Corporation.
The company offers a wide variety of lumber, plywood, hardware, and building materials.
West End Lumber is a member of the ONE HUNDRED YEAR CLUB OF THE WESTERN RESERVE.