The WILLIAM O. AND GERTRUDE LEWIS FROHRING FOUNDATION, INC., was established in 1958 (inc. 1963) in Cleveland by chemist Wm. O. Frohring and his wife, Gertrude L. Frohring. The foundation supports health, EDUCATION, and the arts primarily in Geauga, Lake, and Cuyahoga counties. In 1962 the Frohring Foundation joined the KULAS FOUNDATION in funding the Frohring Music Bldg., as well as the Frohring Art Bldg., both located at Hiram College. The foundation also funded parking lot lighting for Blossom Music Ctr. No grants are given to individuals or for deficit financing, endowment funds, scholarships, matching gifts, or loans. In 1993, with assets of over $5.1 million, the Frohring Foundation disbursed $226,000 for 53 grants. William Falsgrath served as assistant secretary in 1995.
See also PHILANTHROPY, FOUNDATIONS.