Search A crowd gathers at the catafalque on Public Square to view the body of Abraham Lincoln, 28 Apr. 1865. WRHS. The Academy of Music, ca. 1880s. WRHS. The International Salt Co. (now Akzo-Nobel) mine underneath Whiskey Island, 1966. CPL. Muhammad Ali watches Chuck Wepner fall to the canvas in the 15th round, 24 Mar. 1975. Cleveland Press Collection, CSU Archives. Alta House, Mayfield Rd. and E. 125, ca. 1920. WRHS. This sculpted head of Amasa Stone, first used as a keystone at the old Union Depot, now adorns the Amasa Stone Chapel. Wendell Morningstar Photography. Engineers survey Ambler Parkway, 1895. WRHS. Cleveland Ship Building Co., a forerunner of the American Ship Building Co., 1890. WRHS Samuel Andrews's mansion, also called 'Andrews's Folly,' located on Euclid Ave., ca. 1890. WRHS. The S.S. Aquarama docks in Cleveland, 1956. Cleveland Press Collection, CSU Archives. The Wayfarer's Lodge provided temporary shelter for people in need during the Great Depression, ca. 1930. WRHS. Charcoal Plant of the Austin Powder Company, near the Five Mile Lock of the Ohio-Erie Canal, ca. 1870. The facility exploded in 1907. WRHS. The Astor House as it appeared in the early 1900s. WRHS Balto and his owner, Gunnar Kasson, ca. 1925. CPL The crowd and players stand for the National Anthem at the 1954 All Star Game held at Cleveland's Municipal Stadium, 13 July 1954. The Sporting News. The blizzard of 1913 impedes traffic on West 25 Street. WRHS. Carriage exits the Blue Rock Mineral Springs at the foot of Cedar Hill, ca. 1900. In 1995, the site was the location for the Lincoln Storage Co. WRHS. First location of the Booth Memorial Hospital on Kinsman Rd., n.d. Cleveland Press Collection, CSU Archives. Standard Oil Co.'s No. 1 Refinery in Cleveland when the city was the center of the world petroleum industry, 1889. WRHS. Standard Oil Co. founder John D. Rockefeller (with cane) escorts sister-in-law Lucy Spelman through Coit Rd. Station in East Cleveland, en route to Rockefeller's Forest Hill summer home, 1912. WRHS. The intercity championship baseball game between White Auto and Omaha 'Luxus' at Brookside Park Stadium, 10 Oct. 1915. Over 100,000 spectators viewed the contest. WRHS. The Cataract House Hotel, Broadway and South Miles avenues, 1867. CPL. The Gothic style Central High School building, ca. 1888 Central Market, E. 4th St., ca. 1946. WRHS. The Central Viaduct spans the Cuyahoga River, ca. 1910. WRHS. Al Sutphin's Cleveland Arena, 1947. Courtesy of the Plain Dealer. Newsboys gather in front of the Call & Post building, ca. 1935. Photo from the Allen Cole Collection, WRHS. City of Cleveland Wards, 1840 City of Cleveland Wards, 1860 City of Cleveland Wards, 1880 City of Cleveland Wards, 1900 City of Cleveland Wards, 1920 City of Cleveland Wards, 1949 City of Cleveland Wards, 1963 City of Cleveland Wards, 1986 City of Cleveland Wards, 1995 Firefighters rescue workers at the Cleveland Clinic Disaster, 15 May 1929. Courtesy of the Archives of the Cleveland Clinic Foundation and the Plain Dealer. Dedication ceremonies at the American Cultural Garden, July 1943. Courtesy of the Plain Dealer. The Cleveland Fire Department's Engine NO. 2 on Public Square, ca. 1910. WRHS. The Cleveland Gatling Gun Battery, at Lake Chatauqua, ca. 1895. WRHS. The Cleveland Grays gather at Camp Wise, ca. 1890s. WRHS. The Cleveland Herald Building, Bank Street (W. 6th) and Superior Avenue, ca. 1870s. WRHS. Passenger car of the Cleveland, Southwestern, & Columbus Interurban Railway, ca. 1920. WRHS. An aerial view of the Cleveland State Hospital complex, ca. 1951. Cleveland Press Collection, CSU Archives. Cleveland Workhouse, ca. 1880s. WRHS. The smoldering remains of Lakeview Elementary School after the Collinwood school fire, 4 Mar. 1908. WRHS. A ceramist at work at Cowan Pottery's studio, 1928. Cleveland Press Collection, CSU Archives. The Cunningham Sanitarium, ca. 1930. The five-story steel sphere was utilized for oxygen-therapy for the sanitarium's patients. Cleveland Press Collection, CSU Archives. The Cuyahoga Building on Public Square, designed by Daniel H. Burnham and erected in 1893, was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1975. Cleveland Press Collection, CSU Archives. A view of the Cuyahoga River, looking north from the riverbank at Superior Ave., 1870. WRHS. Soldiers stand in formation at Central Armory during World War I. WRHS. Glen Curtis' Flight from Euclid Beach, ca. 1905-1910. WRHS. Case Hall as it appeared in the early 1900s. WRHS. Cleveland City Hall as it appeared in the 1880s. WRHS. Cleveland Recording Co. Studio Cleveland Municipal Stadium Doctors' Hospital at 12345 Cedar Rd., ca. 1948. Courtesy of the Plain Dealer.