The workshop series for faculty addresses essential core educational topics and skills necessary for success in teaching and learning in the Western Reserve2 Curriculum. Targeting the needs of teaching in the Basic Sciences and Clinical Medicine, these workshops are for basic and clinician scientists, physician educators, attending physicians, preceptors, alumni, residents and staff who seek to prepare themselves for teaching in the Western Reserve2 Curriculum and/or improve their teaching skills. The workshop offerings provide a lively forum for the exchange of ideas and resources. These medical education workshops are available at the School of Medicine, as well as by request from specific hospital sites.
In the past, we have been pleased to present Webcast Audio Seminar Series from the International Association of Medical Science Educators (IAMSE). These webinars are now available as archives. Faculty members, staff, postdocs, and students in the CWRU community can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for a link to the archives.
IAMSE Winter 2021 Webcast Audio Seminar Series
USMLE STEP-1 is Going to Pass/Fail
Now what do we do?
In this five-part series beginning Thursday, January 7, 2021, recognized experts from the various stakeholder groups will present and discuss the impact of this decision, identify challenges to their respective programs and explore creative ways to address the consequences of this important medical education milestone. These thought-provoking sessions will include the perspectives of allopathic and osteopathic residency program directors, basic science faculty, undergraduate medical education curriculum designers, clinical educators, and programs that involve international medical students matriculating to the United States.
- January 7 at 12pm EST - Mark Jordan and Justin La present "The Challenges of Resident Candidate Assessment and Selection"
- January 14 at 12pm EST - Doug Gould presents "Pass/Fail Step 1: Implications for a Foundational Science Department"
- January 21 at 12pm EST - Jonathan Amiel presents "USMLE Step 1 P/F: A UME Curriculum Dean’s Perspective"
- January 28 at 12pm EST - Brenda Roman and Bruce Morgenstern present "Step 1 Going Pass-Fail: Are We Just Kicking the Can Down the Road?"
- February 4 at 12pm EST - Jack Boulet and Bob Can present "USMLE Step 1: Osteopathic and International Perspectives"
Please sign up if you would like to receive a link to participate in the Webinar series on Thursdays, Jan 7- Feb 4 from 12:00-1:00 pm.
Information to access the archived sessions will be available after the series is complete.