Data Registry at the School of Medicine
The CWRU School of Medicine (SOM) has established a Data Registry approved as exempt by CWRU Institutional Review Board (IRB) titled “Longitudinal Evaluation of CWRU School of Medicine’s Curriculum.” All data included in this registry are de-identified when used for educational research purposes.
The data in the registry are part of a Data Warehouse (DW) that enable faculty, staff, and students to:
- Determine the extent to which the CWRU SOM fulfills its educational mission and reaches its goals.
- Identify areas of curricular success and those requiring improvement.
- Contribute broader understanding of teaching and learning in medicine.
- Examine curriculum delivery in order to maintain quality standards and to ensure compliance with accreditation/licensure requirements.
- Enhance understanding the effectiveness of teaching and methods that support learning.
- Disseminate findings and lessons learned from CWRU SOM program evaluation activities to other medical education professionals through presentations and publications.
The data registry consists of:
- De-identified, longitudinal database of learning, performance, quality assurance, and practice assessments of CWRU SOM students;
- Student outcomes data and curriculum data
To learn more about the data registry and how it can work for you, Click here: Data Registry Description (PDF).
To request use of the data for research purposes, Click here: University Program Data Registry.