About the Scholarship in Teaching Award
The Scholarship in Teaching Award program is designed to:
- Recognize contributions to education in the prior academic year;
- Promote educational scholarship, recognizing a scholarly approach to teaching and learning; and
- Advance careers of medical educators.
Teaching approaches considered scholarly are characterized by:
- Purposeful planning;
- Systematic implementation; and
- Reflection and assessment for improvement.
The result should be an academic product that is actively shared and that will support the development of a community of teaching scholars. Interested individuals are invited to submit the Scholarship in Teaching application, including a description of an educational contribution. Applicants that meet criteria for the award are recognized and honored at the School of Medicine Annual Education Retreat. Click here for a list of the most recent winners SIT awardees 2022.
Who Should Apply?
Faculty members, fellows, residents and medical students who have made significant contributions to educational programs are welcome to apply for this award. Projects from individuals who worked on their own, joint or group projects are eligible for consideration following guidelines for authorship. All projects must include at least one faculty member.
Submissions to the Scholarship in Teaching Award are:
- Screened by an internal committee, members of our Academy of Scholar Educators;
- Sent for at least one external peer review; and
- Awardee results are reviewed and recommended to the Vice Dean for Medical Education by the Scholarship in Teaching Award Committee.
Applicants can submit multiple applications on different projects during award cycle. Past recipients are encouraged to submit new activities to be considered for an award.
Submission Details + Deadline
Applications for the 2023 SIT awards are due Friday, December 2, 2022 at 5:00 pm EST.
For all required application elements and to complete an application click here.
Email completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
CWRU School of Medicine