Follow the steps below to get your research started at the Imaging Research Core as quickly as possible.
1. Contact Us
We can assist at any point in your study: conceptualization, planning and implementation. We can provide guidance on study design, budget, and IRB or IACUC submissions. Contact us at email@example.com or 216.844.4963.
2. Complete Safety and Instrumentation Training
Any individual requesting access to the Imaging Research Core must complete a brief general orientation to the facility.
- Users wishing to conduct scans on their own must also complete modality-specific training.
- All users must review and sign the Imaging Core User Agreement.
- Depending on your study and regulatory requirements, proof of additional training may be necessary:
- Scheduled scans that are cancelled (or abandoned) within 12-hours of start time will result in a $50 set-up charge
- In the event of equipment malfunction please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 216.844.5091 immediately. If equipment malfunction resulted in a loss of data or available scan time please notify us within 48-hours to avoid incurring unnecessary charges.
3. Request Facility Access
After completing all applicable safety training, complete the Facility Request Document
4. Schedule Scans and Services via iLabs
You can obtain access to our scheduling system via iLabs (cwru.corefacilities.org/service_center/show_external/4138)
5. Study Progress
It is the responsibility of the principal investigator or study coordinator to inform the Imaging Research Core of changes to any of the following:
- Regulatory status
- Protocol amendments
- Billing account number (Speedtype)
- Study closure
Modality-Specific Training Questions
|Title:||Contact to Register:|
|General Orientation||Fridays at 2:00 PM||Michael Kavran|
|MRI||Monthly (Monday afternoons)||Bernie Erokwu|
|Optical Imaging (Spectrum, Maestro)||Monthly (First Mondays and Thursdays)||Michael Kavran|
|PET/CT*||As needed||Michael Kavran|
*Please contact CWRU Environmental Health & Safety to complete Radiation Safety and X-Ray Safety Training prior to attending PET/CT training in the CCIR.