- Medical research
- Bio-inspired materials science
- Plant virus-based nanoparticles
- Drug delivery
- MRI contrast agents
- Targeted therapeutics
- Breast, prostate, ovarian and colon cancer
- Cardiovascular disease
Awards and Honors
- Session Chair, Protein and Viral Nanoparticle Track, FNANO, current
- Editorial Board Member, Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews (WIREs), current
- Advisory Editorial Board Member, ACS journal, Molecular Pharmaceutics, current
- Chair, Gordon Conference of Physical Virology, 2015
Design rules for nanomedical engineering: from physical virology to the applications of virus-based materials in medicine. J Biol Phys. 2013 Mar;39(2):301-25. doi: 10.1007/s10867-013-9314-z. Epub 2013 Apr 19.
Interior engineering of a viral nanoparticle and its tumor homing properties. Biomacromolecules. 2012 Dec 10;13(12):3990-4001. doi: 10.1021/bm301278f. Epub 2012 Nov 14.
Infusion of imaging and therapeutic molecules into the plant virus-based carrier cowpea mosaic virus: cargo-loading and in vitro delivery. J Control Release. 2013 Dec 10;172(2):568-78. doi: 10.1016/j.jconrel.2013.04.023. Epub 2013 May 9.
Increased tumor homing and tissue penetration of the filamentous plant viral nanoparticle potato virus X. Mol Pharm. 2013 Jan 7;10(1):33-42. doi: 10.1021/mp300240m. Epub 2012 Jul 9.
Intravital Imaging of Human Prostate Cancer Using Viral Nanoparticles Targeted to Gastrin-Releasing Peptide Receptors. Small. 2011 Jun 20;7(12):1664-72. doi: 10.1002/smll.201000435. Epub 2011 Apr 26. *Cover article