General Information - All prerequisite coursework must be:
- Completed at a regionally accredited institution in the United States or Canada.
- Completed no later than fall semester of the year of application. Note: No more than two prerequisite courses may be in process or planned at the time of the application.
*We will accept pass/no pass for any course taken between January and May of 2020
- Biology with lab: 4 credit hours (Genetics does not fulfill this requirement)
- Human anatomy with lab: 4 credit hours (comparative anatomy may not be substituted)
- Human physiology: 3 credit hours (animal physiology or kinesiology may not be substituted)
- Anatomy & Physiology combination classes will be accepted but we require a minimum of 7 credits and at least 1 lab.
- Microbiology with lab: 3 credit hours
- Organic chemistry with lab: 4 credit hours (general chemistry may not be substituted)
- Biochemistry: 3 credit hours
- Psychology: 3 credit hours
- Statistics: 3 credit hours
- Medical Terminology: 1 credit hour Note: Online certificate course is acceptable but you must upload proof of completion to CASPA.
AP Prerequisite Coursework
- May be accepted towards program prerequisites if courses are listed as AP coursework on a CASPA verified transcript from a regionally accredited university in the United States or Canada
- Will not be accepted towards prerequisite courses that require a lab unless you take the lab in college.
Online Prerequisite Coursework
Beginning in the 2023-2024 application cycle, all online lectures and labs will be accepted.