Cleveland offers many valuable resources for physical activity. The list below provides links to parks, beaches, fitness centers and more as a way to help increase physical activity in personally enjoyable ways.
- Edgewater Beach: Downtown beach. Offers programs such as yoga, drum circles and paddle boarding.
- Wallace Lake: Metroparks owned lake with beach in Berea.
- Huntington Beach: West side beach owned and managed by the Metroparks; Designated as a Blue Wave Certified Beach by the Clean Beaches Council.
- Villa Angela Beach/ Euclid Beach Park: Near East side beach managed by the Metroparks that features a 650’ beach.
- Hinckley Spillway Swim Area: Shaded swimming area located within the Hinckley Reservation.
- Bike Cleveland: Bike shops, bike laws, and additional resources.
- Cleveland Critical Mass: Open invitation to monthly group rides on the last Friday of every month.
- Northeast Ohio Area-wide Coordinating Agency: Bicycle Transportation Maps for Northeast Ohio.
- Ray’s Mountain Bike Indoor Park: Indoor mountain bike tracks for all skill levels.
- 41 North Coastal Kayaking Adventures: Offers Kayak and standup paddleboard rentals, classes, trips and tours; Located in Lakewood.
- Great Lakes Watersports: Offers kayak, boat and jet ski rentals; Located on the West Bank of the Flats.
- River Cruiser Kayaking: Kayak rentals with self-guided and guided tours on the Cuyahoga River, Ohio Erie Canal and the Rocky River.
- SUP Cleveland: Standup paddleboarding lessons, paddle board yoga, excursions and rentals.
- 1-2-1 Fitness: Located on CWRU’s campus; Offers over 80 group fitness classes.
- YMCA of Greater Cleveland: Multiple locations throughout the Cleveland area.
- Tremont Athletic Club: Offers monthly and annual membership options.
Martial Arts & Self-Defense
- Fight Fit Ohio: Offers Krav Maga, Jiu Jitsu, kickboxing and more.
- Cleveland Aikikai: Aikido dojo.
- MKG Cleveland: Offers classes in Thai kickboxing, Panantukan/Filipino Boxing, Jeet Kune Do and more.
- Cleveland Karate Institute: Offers classes in martial arts, self-defense, cardio kickboxing and more.
- Cleveland Metro Parks: Parks are located throughout the Greater Cleveland Area and include several beaches and recreation areas.
- Cuyahoga Valley National Park: A part of the National Park Service, Cuyahoga Valley National Park follows the Cuyahoga river between Cleveland and Akron.
- Lake Metro Parks: Parks are located on the east side of Cleveland in Lake County.
- Lorain County Metro Parks: Parks are located throughout Lorain County on the west side of Cleveland.
- Geauga Park District: Parks are located throughout Geauga County on the east side of Cleveland.
- Ohio State Parks: Several state parks located throughout Northeast Ohio; Search by city or amenity.
- The Cleveland Racquet Club: Offers multiple membership levels. Located in Pepper Pike.
- Mayfield Village Racquet Club: Private tennis club located in Mayfield Village.
- Cleveland Rock Gym: Offers 30’ rope walls and 12’ bouldering walls.
- Alpine Valley: Ski area located approximately 40 minutes from Downtown Cleveland.
- Boston Mills/Brandywine: Two ski areas located approximately 30 minutes from Downtown Cleveland.
- Peek’n Peak: New York Ski Resort located approximately two hours from Downtown Cleveland.
- Lost Nation Sports Park: Indoor soccer, basketball, flag football, softball and more; Located in Willoughby and Lorain.
- Victory Park Ohio: Located in North Ridgeville, offers baseball, softball, sand volleyball, soccer, flag and tackle football, extreme adult kickball and more.