Case Western Reserve University's MEM program delivers an innovative degree in engineering and management.
Undergraduate students enrolled in accredited engineering degree programs who hold junior or senior status are considered eligible. The MEM Program is also designed for engineering graduates with fewer than five years of work experience and is available in a full-time or part-time format.
Our program only begins in the summer semester. Classes begin on Monday, June 15, 2020.
To apply, please use our online application. Your application to the program must include the completed MEM application form and essays addressing specific questions in this section. You must also include your transcripts and applicable test scores. Your entire file must be complete before we can issue our admission decision.
In addition to the written aspect of the application, there is also a video interview component to assess your fit with our program. Upon acceptance to our program, you will be required to pay $1,500 (USD) deposit to secure your seat in the program.
The MEM program is only open for enrollment in the summer semester. The batch application deadlines to start the program in the summer of 2020 are:
- Nov. 15th, 2019 - There is no application fee for those who apply in this batch. You can apply before having all your materials, but your application will only be reviewed when everything has been submitted.
- Jan. 31st, 2020 (Deadline for international applicants currently residing outside of the U.S.)
- March 20th, 2020 (For all applicants currently living in the U.S.)
After March 20th, admissions are on a rolling basis.
Please contact our office at 216.368.1148 or email@example.com if you have questions about the application or concerns about meeting any of the requirements.
Requirements for All Applicants:
- Online Application
- Official Transcripts from School(s) attended
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- We prefer 2 letters to be written by professors or advisors within your discipline of engineering at your university.
- One essay question
Additional Requirements for International Applicants:
- GRE Scores
- TOEFL or IELTS Scores (score of 100 or above is preferred on TOEFL; score of 7.0 or above is preferred on IELTS)
The School of Graduate Studies at CWRU requires a score of 90 or above on TOEFL and 7.0 or above on IELTS in order for an applicant to be considered for admission at the university.
You can submit your application without all the requirements being complete but it will not be reviewed or a decision issued until all requirements are received by our office.
*MEM falls under the STEM category.*
The STEM Designated Degree Program list is a complete list of fields of study that DHS (Department of Homeland Security) considers to be science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) fields of study for purposes of the 24-month STEM optional practical training extension.
We welcome visitors and would be happy to arrange for you to sit in on a class to experience what the MEM is all about. If you wish to visit the campus and schedule an informational interview, contact Sarah Jutte at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 216.368.1148. If you are not available for an in-person visit, we would be happy to connect via Skype.