Case Western Reserve graduates accomplish an incredible amount during their time on campus and go on to conquer even greater ventures across the board. Meet 10 people you may or may not know who attended CWRU:
1. Stephanie Tubbs Jones: An American politician who served as the U.S. Representative for Ohio's 11th congressional district. She was the first black woman elected to represent Ohio in Congress.
2. Don Shula: American professional football coach and player. The winningest coach in National Football League history, Shula was best known as the longtime head coach of the Miami Dolphins, leading them to two Super Bowl victories, including the only perfect season in NFL history in 1972.
3. Joe Russo and Anthony Russo: Known as the “Russo Brothers,” are directors of films "Captain America: The Winter Soldier"; "Captain America: Civil War"; "Avengers: Infinity War"; "Avengers: Endgame"; "Welcome to Collinwood"; and TV series "Arrested Development"; and are producers of NBC's "Community."
4. Fred Gray: A civil rights attorney, preacher and activist who practices law in Alabama. He was the attorney to the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and Rosa Parks.
5. Stan Garber and Alex Yakubovich: In November of 2019, these two CWRU alumni sold their entrepreneurial venture, Scout RFP, to Workday for $540 million.
6. Susie Gharib: Co-anchored CNBC’s "Nightly Business Report" for 16 years. She is currently the senior special correspondent for Fortune magazine.
7. Felipe Gomez del Campo: Founder and the CEO of FGC Plasma Solutions, which uses plasma to fundamentally improve combustion across a wide variety of systems, leading to improvements in emissions, fuel consumption and operability. He has a patent on the technology and has raised over $4.4 million in funding from the Department of Energy, NASA and others.
8. Julie Gerberding: The first woman director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
9. Don Thomas: Became a NASA astronaut in 1991 and served NASA through 2007. Thomas has logged more than 1,040 hours in space.
10. Richard North Patterson: New York Times best-selling author. Among the novels he wrote that made the New York Times bestseller list are "The Outside Man," "Escape the Night" and "Private Screening." His novel "Protect and Defend" was a #1 New York Times bestseller.