Dr. Rollins earned his PhD in Biomedical Engineering at Case Western Reserve University and earned his BS in Electrical Engineering from Brigham Young University. He also served in the Peace Corps for two years and is the faculty advisor for CWRU SPIE and CWRU Engineers Without Borders.
- Biomedical optics
- Optical imaging
- Optical coherence tomography (OCT)
- Image analysis
- Cancer imaging
- Cardiac imaging
Dr. Rollins' research interests are in the development and application of advanced biomedical optical technologies, especially optical coherence tomography (OCT), and including optical stimulation and imaging of electrophysiology. Current projects apply these technologies to the study of developmental cardiology and endoscopic imaging of cardiovascular disease and cancer.
Awards and Honors
- X. Zhao, O. Kilinc, C. Blumenthal, D. Dosluoglu, M. W. Jenkins, C. Snyder, M. Arruda, A. M. Rollins, “Intracardiac radiofrequency ablation in living swine guided by polarization-sensitive optical coherence tomography,” Journal of Biomedical Optics 25(5), 056001 (2020). doi.org/10.1117/1.JBO.25.5.056001. PMCID: PMC7210786
- O. U. Kilinc, X. Zhao, M. W. Jenkins, C. S. Snyder, A. M. Rollins, “Imaging of the Atrioventricular Nodal Conduction Tissue in Porcine Hearts Using Optical Coherence Tomography,” The Journal of Innovative Cardiac Rhythm Management 10, 3675-3680, (2019). DOI: 10.19102/icrm.2019.100601. PMCID: PMC7252643
- B. J. Blackburn, S. Gu, M. R. Ford, V. de Stefano, M. W. Jenkins, W. J. Dupps, Jr., A. M. Rollins, “Noninvasive Assessment of Corneal Crosslinking with Phase-Decorrelation Optical Coherence Tomography” Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science 60(1), 41-51 (2019). doi:10.1167/iovs.18-25535. PMCID: PMC6322634
- X. Zhao, X. Fu, C. Blumenthal, Y. T Wang, M. W. Jenkins, C. Snyder, M. Arruda, A. M. Rollins, “Integrated RFA/PSOCT catheter for real-time guidance of cardiac radio-frequency ablation,” Biomedical Optics Express 9(12), 6400-6411 (2018). doi.org/10.1364/BOE.9.006400. PMCID: PMC6490984.
- L. Peterson, S. Gu, G. Karunamuni, M. W. Jenkins, M. Watanabe, A. M. Rollins, “Embryonic aortic arch hemodynamics are a functional biomarker for ethanol induced congenital heart defects [Invited],” Biomedical Optics Express 8 1823-1837 (2017). doi.org/10.1364/BOE.8.001823. PMCID: PMC5480583