- Molecular imaging
- Drug Delivery
Our laboratory focuses on molecular imaging and drug delivery using novel nanotechnology. We are interested in using biodegradable materials and organic nanomaterials to design and develop targeted, safe and effective imaging agents and drug delivery systems for diagnostic imaging, treatment of human diseases and image-guided therapy.
Our ongoing research projects include:
- Biodegradable macromolecular MRI contrast agents that can be used for contrast enhanced cardiovascular and cancer MRI
- Targeted nanoglobules with well defined sizes
- Lu, ZR. Theranostics: Fusion of Therapeutics and Diagnostics. Pharm Res (2014) 31: 1355.
- Jin E, Lu ZR. Biodegradable iodinated polydisulfides as contrast agents for CT angiography. Biomaterials. 2014, 35, 5822-5829.
- Wu X, Yu G, Luo C, Maeda A, Zhang N, Sun D, Zhou Z, Puntel A, Palczewski K, Lu ZR. Synthesis and evaluation of a nanoglobular dendrimer 5-aminosalicylic Acid conjugate with a hydrolyzable schiff base spacer for treating retinal degeneration. ACS Nano. 2014, 8, 153-161.