The CHAGRIN FALLS HISTORICAL SOCIETY was established in 1946 to preserve documents and artifacts relating to the history of CHAGRIN FALLS VILLAGE. Until 1965 the organization's collections were stored in the village hall and in the homes of its members. In that year the society acquired the Shute Memorial Bldg. at 21 Walnut St. through the bequest of Laura Shute. On the first floor it housed clothing, artifacts, and photographs illustrating the early history of Chagrin Falls; the lower level housed a meeting room. In 1994 the society began sponsoring an 1860s-era baseball club, the Forest Citys, modeled after the historic FOREST CITY BASEBALL CLUB. In 1995 the society had 350 members; Pat Zalba served as volunteer curator and Dorothy Pauly was volunteer librarian. Although the schedule for visitation to the Shute Bldg. was limited to 1 day per week (by appt.), the society continued to offer special programs such as house tours and period fashion shows.