CHALOUPKA, ALOYSIUS W. (2 July 1886-May 1961), attorney, served as assistant prosecutor for Cuyahoga County (1919-20). Chaloupka was born in Czechoslovakia to Joseph and Anna Pleticha Chaloupka and came to Cleveland as a child. He attended St. Prokop's Parochial School and St. Ignatius College. In 1917 he received a law degree from the Cleveland Law School and began his law practice. By 1927, his offices were located in the Society for Savings Building (see SOCIETY NATIONAL BANK BUILDING). In the 1920s Chaloupka taught English for the Cleveland Board of Education and citizenship classes for the Citizens' Bureau.
On 10 Nov. 1910 Chaloupka married Hermina Vanera; they lived in Cleveland with their children, Lawrence, Eleanor, and Robert. He belonged to the Cuyahoga County Democratic Club, the K of C., and the Fraternal Order of Eagles. Chaloupka is buried in St. Mary's Cemetery.