The CLEVELAND DAILY REVIEW briefly provided the city with its first Sunday newspaper. After 2 months of publication in a prototype 2-page format, it reappeared permanently on 29 Aug. 1857 as a 6-day penny daily of 4 5-column pages. Published by Edward A. Munson & Co., the paper listed Geo. Spear and Henry Newcomb Johnson with Munson as coeditors. It professed to be neutral in politics and within 2 weeks claimed a larger circulation than any 2 of the other Cleveland dailies. The first issue of the Sunday Morning Review appeared on 28 April 1858. Although identical in format to the Daily Review and offered free to patrons of the latter, there were no editors listed on its masthead. Advertising patronage in the Sunday edition was extremely sparse, and on 11 July it metamorphosed into the Saturday Evening Review until its expiration near the end of the year. Spear and Johnson apparently severed their connection with the Daily Review shortly after the commencement of the Sunday experiment. Early in 1859, Munson sold out to Thomas L. Wilcox, and Johnson rejoined the staff as editor. In 1860 the Daily Review was owned by Walter H. Shupe, and Max H. Allardt published it in 1861, when it suspended publication in May of that year.