The CLEVELAND SUNDAY SUN was introduced on 10 Oct. 1880 by W. Scott Robison, one of the original founders of the Sunday Voice. Like its contemporary competitors, it contained 8 pages and sold for $.05. Editorial offices were at 134 St. Clair Ave. Besides the emphasis placed on graphics, the Sun began a women's feature and opened a column to amateur poets. A memorial edition published upon the death of Pres. JAS. A. GARFIELD in 1881 contained 17 engravings, and the Sun claimed that the demand had necessitated the printing of 20,000 additional copies. Capitalizing on interest in a new invention, a political gossip column headed "The Sun's Telephone" employed the device of reporting its items in the vernacular of transcribed telephone conversations. Although the Sun claimed Ohio's largest Sunday circulation, it was sold on 10 Nov. 1885 to Charles C. Ruthrauff, who merged it into the Sun & Voice (see SUNDAY VOICE).