FINE ARTS MAGAZINE was one of the few subscription periodicals devoted entirely to the arts and their promotion. It evolved from a Chicago-based FM radio programming guide called Fine Music, which dated back to ca. 1955. The first issue of Fine Arts appeared on 1 Jan. 1961. It was produced by Alla V. Wakefield, editor and publisher; Linda Kraus and James B. Gidney, assoc. editors; Clement A. Miller, recordings editor; and Wm. Ward, art director. The advisory committee included Walter Blodgett, curator of musical arts at the CLEVELAND MUSEUM OF ART; Edward G. Evans, chairman of Western Reserve Univ.'s music department; L. A. Graham of the Akron Symphony Orchestra; ARTHUR LOESSER, author and pianist; and Clement A. Miller, dean at the CLEVELAND INSTITUTE OF MUSIC. Fine Arts listed concerts (classical and jazz), theater dates, museum and gallery openings, lectures, noteworthy films and television showings, and AM and FM radio programs. Printed by Suburban Press at 3818 Lorain Ave., the 5" x 7" weekly also printed concert reviews and featured photos and paintings on the cover. After nearly failing in June 1962, the magazine moved to a for-profit status instead of nonprofit and subsequently expanded with the addition of feature writers such as Nina Gibans (art) and Reuben Silver (drama). During the mid-1960s, the magazine started writing about such general issues as campus unrest. The last issue of Fine Arts was published on 2 Feb. 1973.