GARLOCK, ANNA JANSEN CORDON (12 June 1878-11 Nov. 1958), masseuse and specialist in HYDROTHERAPY and physiotherapy, served as superintendent of the hydrotherapy department of WOMAN'S GENERAL HOSPITAL from 1919 until that department closed in 1924. Garlock was born in Copenhagen, Denmark, to John P. and Augusta Borman Jansen. She attended private schools there and immigrated to the United States in 1891, graduating from a New York City nursing school (1899). She later studied massage, electrotherapy and physiotherapy in Germany. From 1908-18 she directed the hydrotherapy department at the YOUNG WOMEN'S CHRISTIAN ASSOCIATION in Cleveland. Garlock was manager and treasurer of the Cordon Hydrothertic Co. (1918-21) and owned and managed The Physiotherapy Institute in the late 1920s. In 1927 she maintained a private practice on EUCLID AVENUE.
Garlock married C. R. Cordon on 18 November 1908; they had one son, Christian. She was widowed by 1920. On 30 October 1922 Garlock married Silas Ledrew Garlock (d. 1944), who had one son, George, by a previous marriage. President of the Danish Sisterhood, Anna Garlock was a charter member of both the BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONAL WOMEN'S CLUB (which she also served as president) and the Zonta Club of Cleveland.