The GREATER CLEVELAND NURSES ASSN. (GCNA), District #4 of the Ohio Nurses Assn., has continuously promoted the profession of
In June 1918 the association merged with the newly formed (November 1917) District #4 of the Ohio State Graduate Nurses' Association, which included the Cleveland area. Another group, the Visiting Nurse Club, also joined District #4 at this time. In 1921 the district filed new articles of incorporation, emphasizing education and increased efficiency in nursing care. During the 1930s the association called for the establishment of a nursing division in the State Department of Health and worked for proper salary and position recognition of nurses in
Greater Cleveland Nurses Assn. Records, WRHS.