HANNA, DANIEL RHODES, JR. (28 May 1894-13 Sept. 1962), publisher and journalist, was born in Cleveland to DANIEL RHODES HANNA, SR., and May Harrington Hanna and had 2 older brothers, Marcus Alonzo Hanna II and Carl Harrington Hanna. Hanna attended CLEVELAND PUBLIC SCHOOLS, Taft School in Watertown, Conn., and Phillips Andover Academy, Andover, Mass. At 19, he joined his father at the CLEVELAND NEWS, which the elder Hanna owned. When his father died in 1921, Hanna took over the paper. In 1925 he became president and general manager of the Cleveland Co., which owned and operated the daily and Sunday Cleveland News. In 1932 FOREST CITY PUBLISHING CO. acquired the stock of the Cleveland News and PLAIN DEALER. By 1946, Hanna was vice-president and director of Forest City Publishing Co., but had little influence on the News's direction. In 1951 he became vice-president and chairman of the Hanna Bldg. Corp. and Hanna Theater Corp., replacing his brother Carl. Hanna remained associated with the Hanna Bldg. until his death, even though it and the theater had been purchased by the T.W. Grogan Co. in 1958. Hanna was a principal founder of the Chagrin Valley Kennel Club. He married Ruth Randall in 1917 and had 4 children, Natalie, John R., Dan R., Jr., and Mary (Noss). Their marriage ended in divorce in 1935. Hanna married Lucia Otis Newell on 25 July 1936. He was buried in Knollwood Cemetery.