HEALTH HILL HOSPITAL FOR CHILDREN, is the only pediatric rehabilitation center and children's specialty hospital of its kind in Ohio. Incorporated in 1895 as the Children's Fresh Air Camp & Hospital, it was the result of HIRAM ADDISON's desire to provide a healthy environment for ill children and their mothers. The hospital was built on land in Woodland Hills donated by Jacob Perkins. Originally, it provided only convalescent care and dietary treatment for children, but under Isabel H. Smith, executive director (1944-67), it developed rehabilitative services and programs for chronically ill children. In the 1960s the hospital became affiliated with CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIV.'s School of Medicine, and in 1967 was renamed Health Hill Hospital for Children. In 1995 the 52-bed hospital continued to offer a full range of in-patient and out-patient medical and rehabilitative services to children with a chronic illness, injury, or disability.
As of 2020, Health Hill is a part of the Cleveland Clinic Children's Hospital for Rehabilitation.
Brown, Kent L., ed. Medicine in Cleveland and Cuyahoga County, 1810-1976 (1977).