NAVY PARK, at Ridge and Clinton roads, was one of 5 housing developments opened in 1946 for WORLD WAR II veterans and itinerant war-industry workers. The developments were under the authority of the Cleveland Metropolitan Housing Authority (later the CUYAHOGA METROPOLITAN HOUSING AUTHORITY). In the 1950s the housing units were demolished. The property was then used for a U.S. Naval Reserve Training Center. In the 1970s only the gymnasium remained; it was used for Golden Gloves boxing tournaments.