NOTTINGHAM was a small village that once rivaled Euclid Village; both were carved out of old EUCLID TWP. Centered around the last mile of Euclid Creek, the area was bounded by Lake Erie on the north, E. 185th and E. 200th Sts. on the east, the New York Central and New York, Chicago & St. Louis Railroad on the southeast, and E. 170th St. on the south. Its main street was St. Clair. Organized in 1873, the village supported 2 stores, a stonemill, a grain mill, and 2 blacksmith shops in 1880. The incorporation lapsed but was renewed in 1899. In 1911-12 the village was annexed to Cleveland, along with part of the village of Euclid. Nottingham remains in the names of many small businesses and institutions in the area.