NOVY SVET (New World) was organized 16 Sept. 1950 to provide Cleveland with a Czech-language daily newspaper after the demise of the SVET-AMERICAN. Edited by John Kratky and Anton Sustr, it was first located at 12020 Mayfield Rd. Later editors included Vaclav Matousek, former editor of the AMERICKE DELNICKE LISTY (American Labor News), Jan Reban, Vaclav Hyvnar, Frank Novatny, and Miloslava Hyvnar. Although it continued daily publication through 1969, it was subsequently scaled down to a semiweekly, then a weekly, and finally closed in Jan. 1977. Three months later, Novy Svet was reorganized as a national CZECH weekly. Although still edited in Cleveland by Jan Reban, it was printed by Universum Sokol Publications in Perth Amboy, NJ, and circulated from New York to California.