PARMA COMMUNITY GENERAL HOSPITAL, opened in Aug. 1961 and located at 7007 Powers Blvd. PARMA is a 321-bed voluntary nonprofit general hospital. It provides in-patient care and medicine, surgery, obstetrics, and pediatrics. The original building was constructed between 1959-61, with additions in 1972-74 and 1976. In 1995 Parma Community General Hospital had 322 beds and a medical staff of 375. In addition to basic medical services, the health education center offered a wide variety of programs, including weight management and adult day care.