ROBERTS AND WENDT ANIMAL HOSPITAL, founded in 1934 by Drs. Harry Roberts and Clifford Wagner, is Cleveland's oldest small-animal clinic. Clinic doctors served as the CLEVELAND METROPARKS ZOO veterinarians from late 1930s until 1988, and also conducted field studies on anesthetics for Parke-Davis drug company. Dr. Wallace Wendt joined the practice in 1945 and Dr. Richard Roberts followed in 1959. Originally located at 1300 W. 117 St. in LAKEWOOD, the clinic moved to a new building at 1458 W. 117 St. in 1977. In 1995 Drs. Wendt and Roberts continued to practice at the Lakewood location, along with 4 other accredited veterinarians.