The SOUTH WAITE FOUNDATION was incorporated in 1953 by Waite Hill mayor FRANCIS M. SHERWIN and his wife, Margaret Halle Sherwin. The foundation usually contributes to organizations with which it is familiar, stressing community funds, the arts, secondary education, youth, and medical research. Significant grantees include the HEALTH MUSEUM, UNITED WAY SERVICES, the CLEVELAND CLINIC, and the Holden Arboretum. No grants or scholarships are given to individuals; no applications are required. In 1993, with assets of $2.26 million, the foundation disbursed $134,000 for 36 grants of between $1,000 and $15,000. Brian Sherwin served as foundation president.