TUTTLE, BLOODGOOD (23 Jan.1889-23 Feb. 1936) made his reputation as an architect on the residences he designed for suburban SHAKER HTS. in the 1920s. The son of Chicagoans Wiley F. and Frances Tuttle, he graduated from the Univ. of Chicago and studied architecture at the Beaux Arts in Paris. After launching his career in Detroit, he came to Cleveland in 1920. He designed 2 groups of demonstration homes for the VAN SWERINGEN brothers' planned suburb of Shaker Hts. Predominantly English and French revival in style, the 9 homes were built on Van Aken Blvd. in 1924. Tuttle eventually designed a total of 36 homes located in all sections of the suburb. Active in affairs of the AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF ARCHITECTS, CLEVELAND CHAPTER, he devoted much of his efforts in the 1930s to writing and speaking in favor of home "renovization" as a means of promoting economic recovery. He died of a cerebral hemorrhage at MT. SINAI MEDICAL CTR., survived by his wife Marie, son Arthur B., and daughter Marian Robinson. A display and walking tour of his work was organized by Shaker Hts. in 1984, to mark the bestowal of landmark status upon his Van Aken demonstration homes.