The VILLA SANCTA ANNA HOME FOR THE AGED, 25000 Chagrin Blvd. in BEACHWOOD, was built in 1959 and dedicated in Jan. 1960. The FIRST CATHOLIC SLOVAK LADIES Assn. built and sponsored the home for poor elderly women and men. The 3-story home, which accommodates 75, cost $1 million to construct and was renovated in 1990. The Daughters of St. Francis of Assisi operated the facility until Feb. 1980, when the Vincentian Sisters of Charity of BEDFORD took over its management, assisted by the Benedictine Fathers. In 1993 Villa Sancta Anna, a Medicaid-certified nursing facility, housed 68 residents.
See also OLD AGE/NURSING HOMES.