Search This large wooden hall was specially built and decorated for the German Saengerfest in Cleveland in 1874. WRHS. This exterior view shows St. Agnes Catholic Church at Euclid and E. 81st. during the 1940s. All but the bell tower was demolished in 1975. Cleveland Press Collection, CSU Archive. St. Joseph's Church, ca. 1973. Cleveland Press Collection, CSU Special Collections. A detailed drawing of St. Mary's on the Flats, the first Catholic church in the city, 1838. WRHS. The Great Lakes steamer, the S.S. Seeandbee docked in Buffalo, ca. 1930. Cleveland Press Collection, CSU. Children in ethnic costume fill the Hiram House float in the 1919 Community Fund Parade. WRHS. Severance Hall, home to the Cleveland Orchestra and the Musical Arts Association as seen from the corner of Euclid and East Boulevard in an undated photograph. WRHS. Dr. Sam Sheppard and Defense Counsel Fred Garmone outside the court chambers, 26 Oct. 1954. Courtesy of the Plain Dealer. A policeman patrols the bars and nightclubs along Short Vincent street, 1964. Cleveland Press Collection, CSU Archives. Players vie for control of the ball during a soccer match at Luna Park in 1938. WRHS. Map of the City of Cleveland Statistical Planning Areas in 1995. Women members of the Soldiers' Aid Society of the U.S. Sanitary Commission stand in front of the Society’s offices on Bank (West 6th Street) in 1865. WRHS. Soldiers and Sailors Monument on a nearly empty Public Square in the 1890s. WRHS. Archibald Willard’s famous painting, THE SPIRIT OF '76. WRHS. An advertisement for Stadium Opera Week held at Cleveland Municipal Stadium, July 1931. Cleveland Press Collection, CSU Archives. This large, lavishly decorated indoor Christmas tree at the Sterling-Lindner company, as seen in this ca. 1967 photograph, was a regional holiday highlight. ca. 1967. CPL. Crowds converge and stop traffic during the streetcar strike of 1899. WRHS. Cleveland Mayor Tom L. Johnson inspects a city street repair crew and its work, ca. 1907. WRHS. Map of Civil Subdivisions of Cuyahoga County, 1843. Map of Civil Subdivisions of Cuyahoga County, 1903. Map of Civil Subdivisions of Cuyahoga County, 1928. Map of Civil Subdivisions of Cuyahoga County, 1995. Map showing the proportional distribution of the population of Cuyahoga County, 1910. Map showing the proportional distribution of the population of Cuyahoga County, 1930. Map showing the proportional distribution of the population of Cuyahoga County, 1980. Map showing the proportional distribution of the population, 1990. This drawing of the Superior Ave. Viaduct from the 1880s shows the full extent of the structure with traffic moving both east and west. WRHS. A horse-drawn streetcar stands on the eastern end of the Superior Avenue Viaduct in the 1890s. WRHS. A large crowd and flags and banners fill this image of the cornerstone ceremony for the Slovenian National Home on St. Clair Avenue., ca 1924. WRHS. County Coroner Samuel Gerber and Cleveland Police detectives search among the rocks of the lakefront for remains of victims of the Torso Murderer, 1938. CPL. The ironwork for the Terminal Tower is complete and stone façade reaches nearly two-thirds of the way to the top in this construction image taken in Aug. 1927. Courtesy of Tower City Archives. A large crowd watches an indoor balloon release at the grand opening of 'The Avenue' at Tower City Center, March 1990. Courtesy of the Plain Dealer. A fork lift is tested for load capacity outside the Towmoter Corp. plant in Aug. 1942. Cleveland Press Collection, CSU Archives. Map of ground transportation routes in Cuyahoga County, 1860. Map of ground transportation routes in Cuyahoga County, 1910. Map of ground transportation routes in Cuyahoga County, 1995. Members of Troop A patrol the Mexican Border on horseback, ca. 1916. WRHS. This postcard shows the initial “tower-less” design for the New Union Terminal, ca. 1919. WRHS. This image, taken from above the railroad tracks shows the Union Depot, Cleveland's second railroad terminal, on the lakefront, ca. 1866. WRHS. Mason A. Hargrave, Pres. of the Marcus Garvey Foundation, places the African national flag in the City Hall Rotunda to commemorate the Universal Negro Improvement Association, 10 Feb. 1984. CPL. Map of City of Cleveland Electric Railways, 1900. Trees and lawns surround the U.S. Marine Hospital at the northwest corner of Lakeside and E. 9th St. in this 1915 image. WRHS. The ironwork for the main span of the Detroit-Superior (Veterans' Memorial) High-Level Bridge in this image taken on 1 Nov. 1915. WRHS. Student demonstrators block Euclid Ave at Adelbert Road on the campus of CWRU in protest U.S. involvement in Southeast Asia on May 4, 1970. CWRU Archives. Women and children and family walk along the promenade on top of the Kentucky Street Reservoir, ca. 1872. WRHS. These circa 1929 elevation drawings depict one of the four Guardians of Transportation pylons designed by Walker and Weeks for the Lorain-Carnegie (Hope Memorial) Bridge. WRHS. Workers populate the shop floor in this interior view of the Turret Lathe Assembly Department at Warner & Swasey Co., ca. 1912. Cleveland Press Collection, CSU Archives. Map of Water and Sewage Treatment Facilities in Cuyahoga County. Garrett Morgan rescues a victim of the Waterworks Tunnel Disaster, July 1916. WRHS. Horse drawn wagons and automobiles can be seen in this image of the Weideman Building, on W. 9th St. near Lakeside Ave., ca. 1920. (CPL). A crowd of well-dressed men and women walk along boardwalk in this postcard illustration the White City Amusement Park, ca. 1900s. WRHS. Workers assemble half-trac combat vehicles at the White Motor Co. Plant, 1941. CPL. Horse-drawn wagons and pedestrians fill the streets in this image of the Williamson Building on Public Square, ca. 1910. Courtesy of the Plain Dealer. Members of the Wings Over Jordan Choir, wear military-style uniforms and stand in the “V for Victory” formation in this early 1940s image. WRHS. Members of the Wings Over Jordan Choir, wear military-style uniforms and stand in the “V for Victory” formation in this early 1940s image. WRHS. A brand new 1899 Winton automobile stands on a muddy road outside the Winton factory. Crawford Auto-Aviation Museum, WRHS. This poster promotes the Workers Olympiad, which was held in Cleveland in 1936 as a protest of the Olympic Games held in Nazi Germany and the capitalist control of sports in the United States. WRHS. Crowds surround an allied tank on exhibit during a World War I Liberty Loan drive on Public Square, July 1918. WRHS. The War Services Center occupies a temporary structure on the northwest quadrant of Public Square while pedestrians and pigeons populate the surrounding area circa 1943. CPL. Cleveland area veterans commemorate the death of Franklin D. Roosevelt with a memorial service on Public Square, 14 Apr. 1945. WRHS. Walter Baker. Ethel Standiford Collection, WRHS Members of the Slovenian Zarja Singing Society perform the opera Il Trovatore, in November 1934. WRHS.