The PhD Journey in the Biomedical Sciences Training Program
Wondering if the Biomedical Sciences Training Program is the right program for you and your goals? Our BSTP students come from a wide array of backgrounds, but they all find a home here in Cleveland and at the Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine! Check out these slides to learn more about the Biomedical Sciences Training Program and why it may be the perfect fit for you!
When to Apply?
|BSTP Application Opens
|Program Information Sessions
|July - November
|Priority Application Deadline
|Final Application Deadline
|Virtual Interview Invitations Communicated
|November - March
|Admission Decisions Communicated
|December - April
|Admitted Student Visit Events (Invite-Only)
|January - March
|Enrollment Response Deadline
|Program & Rotations Begin
How to Apply?
A completed application includes the following:
- Online Application: Start the online application. Please indicate that you are applying to the School of Medicine, Doctoral Biomedical Sciences Training Program.
- Transcripts: School-issued unofficial transcripts are sufficient for admissions review, scanned and uploaded for all colleges or universities attended.
- Resume/CV: Upload your current resume/CV outlining all work experience and volunteer roles with timeframes. Make sure to highlight any completed research positions or opportunities experienced. Scientific publications and skills not captured elsewhere in the application should be included here.
- Letters of Recommendation: Three letters of recommendation are required. Research mentors and individuals who have helped you with independent scientific research are recommended to write at least one or more of these recommendations. The online application will request recommenders' contact info for electronic submission. We will not begin review of the application until all three letters of recommendation are received.
- Personal Statement: A personal statement is how we begin to know you better. The 1-2 page personal statement should include the experiences that shaped your interest in science and your long-term goals.
- Research Experience: List and describe all your research experiences.
- Application Fee: $50 USD paid at the time of submission. For more information on who qualifies for a fee waiver check out our policy page.
- GRE: Exam scores are not required for admission.
*For international applicants: if you are not a citizen of a country whose official language is English, or if you received a degree from a university where the primary language of instruction was not English, an English proficiency exam (IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE) is required.