Dear Case Western Reserve University Faculty and Staff,
At the core of our values at Case Western Reserve University are academic excellence, research excellence, and community engagement, all through which we foster diversity, equity, and inclusion. In the wake of the recent Supreme Court rulings on admissions, we will continue to prioritize these core values in our holistic approach to admissions, and follow the law.
Since the Supreme Court’s June 29 decision, we have paused all review of admissions applications by teams across the university until members of the team have attended one mandatory training session on newly implemented admissions rules. Admissions teams include administrative staff members, directors, reviewers, readers, interviewers, panelists, final decision-makers, and anyone else involved in the admissions process (faculty, community members, alumni, students, etc.).
Beginning July 25, the Office of General Counsel has scheduled a number of training sessions for admissions team members from across the university. The one-hour online sessions will be held during the dates/times below. Please sign up for one of the sessions below.
We recognize that admissions processes vary across the university, but it is mandatory that individuals involved in the admissions process participate in the training by attending one session.
Admissions Program Directors are responsible for ensuring that every team member is signed up for a session. However, team members do not have to attend the same session as a group. Please contact Jaimee Bowen (email@example.com) or Darlena Dillard (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Finally, I encourage all of you to join me for today’s Listening Session hosted by the Office for Diversity, Equity and Inclusive Engagement. Here, members of the campus community may share reactions, concerns, and ideas related to how we can continue to build upon and embrace our inclusive values.
I hope to see you there!
Joy K. Ward
Interim Provost and Executive Vice President
Admissions Training Sessions
Registration links are listed for each event. Please select a date/time to register.
- Wednesday, Aug. 2, at 3 p.m.
- Monday, Aug. 7, at 3 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 10, at 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 15, at 9:30 a.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 17, at 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 23, at 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 30, at 9:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 5, at 3 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 7, at 9:30 a.m.
- Monday, Sept. 11, at noon
- Thursday, Sept. 21, at 9:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 27, at 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 3, at 3 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 5, at 9:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 11, at 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 17, at 9:30 a.m.
- Monday, Oct. 23, at noon
- Thursday, Nov. 2, at 9:30 a.m.
- Monday, Nov. 13 at 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 14 at 8 a.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 16, at 9:30 a.m.
- Monday, Nov. 20, at noon
- Tuesday, Nov. 21, at 9:30 a.m.