The Provost Scholars are selected through a rigorous process which includes the teachers and principals selecting students with a commitment to academic excellence, self-discipline, and strong character.
Planning for admission to the Provost Scholars Program at Case Western Reserve University is a multistage process that begins with administrative and faculty referrals. It is designed to ensure that the individuals who will be admitted to this program will be able to fully benefit from its every aspect. The admission requirements are aligned with the mission and goals of the Provost Scholars Program and its policies and procedures.
To be eligible for the program, the student must:
- Be in the enrolled in 8 through 10th grades, or will be in 8th grade in the 2022-2023 school year
- Be enrolled in one of our partner schools (Currently Shaw H.S., Kirk M.S. & Ginn Academy)
- Have a record of excellent school attendance and punctuality
- Have a 2.5 minimum overall grade point average (GPA)
- Have the capacity to self-regulate and control behaviors
- Be a volunteer in a school/community program or have specific plans for volunteering
- Have two outstanding recommendations from school administrators or teachers.
All prospective applicants must also submit a Student Application that includes a 500-600 word essay, a completed Provost Scholars Profile, and signed Parent and Provost Scholars agreements. These materials must be completed and submitted electronically on or before Friday, April 1, 2022 at 5:00 PM.