The VISA Office provides comprehensive assistance to the Case Western Reserve University on all aspects of employment-based immigration and legal permanent residency.
The VISA office acts as the liaison between the University and all government agencies involved in immigration matters and assists both the institution and individuals in complying with immigration laws and regulations.
- Advises CWRU departments and processes immigration-related documents for employment-based non-immigrant and immigrant statuses.
- Offers regular workshops on processing non-immigrant and permanent resident petitions to departments and employees/scholars.
- Processes all non-immigrant and many immigrant filings for the University’s international scholar and employee populations.
- Administers the University’s J scholar Exchange Visitor Program, which includes issuing J scholar documents, advising departments and scholars, and providing international employee/scholar orientation sessions.
- Acts as a resource for compliance questions regarding hiring, sponsoring, terminating and assisting international employees and scholars.
Questions or concerns regarding an immigration matter? Speak with a VISA Advisor first.
Immigration regulations are complex and often difficult to understand, with important changes occurring frequently and at times with little or no advance notice. The VISA Advisors expend significant time remaining current with all applicable regulations. Rather than attempting to navigate the difficult regulatory immigration environment alone, current and prospective faculty and staff should begin their immigration work by consulting with the VISA Office on how best to proceed.
Contact the VISA Office
8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Friday*
*Except for University holidays/breaks and weekends
Phone, Fax and Email
10900 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44106