Our mission is to support and educate female leaders in technology by giving women access to a strong, supportive community of peers and mentors, both in-person and online.
The Women in Tech Initiative fosters learning and growth in the fields of technology through mentorship and professional learning opportunities.
Our goals include:
- Provide academic, social and professional opportunities for women in the Department of Electrical, Computer, and Systems Engineering (ECSE) and the Department of Computer and Data Sciences (CDS) to succeed while also building community and togetherness in the field.
- Transform the environment of ECSE and CDS to be more inclusive and empowering for women.
- Increase the number of female faculty and enrolled students in ECSE and CDS.
- Identify mentors and role models that will enable women to envision themselves as leaders in technology.
- Encourage alumnae engagement through networking events and presentations to further create opportunities and build bridges for our students into the community.
The Women in Tech Initiative is inclusive of people of all racial, ethnic, cultural, socioeconomic, national and international backgrounds, welcoming diversity of thought, pedagogy, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, political affiliation and disability.