Our mission is to support and educate female leaders in technology by giving women access to a strong, supportive community of peers and mentors, both in-person and online.
The Women in Tech Initiative fosters learning and growth in the fields of technology through mentorship and professional learning opportunities.
Our goals include:
- Provide academic, social and professional opportunities for women in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS) to succeed while also building community and togetherness in the field.
- Transform the environment of EECS to be more inclusive and empowering for women.
- Increase the number of female faculty and enrolled students in EECS.
- Identify mentors and role models that will enable women to envision themselves as leaders in technology.
- Encourage alumnae engagement through networking events and presentations to further create opportunities and build bridges for our students into the community.
To get involved with the Women in Tech Initiative, please contact us:
Evren Gurkan-Cavusoglu, PhD
Faculty Director for Women in Tech Initiative
The Women in Tech Initiative is inclusive of people of all racial, ethnic, cultural, socioeconomic, national and international backgrounds, welcoming diversity of thought, pedagogy, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, political affiliation and disability.