Case Western Reserve University encourages individuals who experienced any form of sexual violence to seek medical attention as soon as possible, even if they feel no injury was sustained. The following nearby hospitals are available for care:
University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center
Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE)
University Hospitals Center for Emergency Medicine
If you need emotional support, you can speak with one of the confidential resources available through the Case Western Reserve University or Cleveland community.
Interim Measures and Accommodations
Interim measures and accommodations are reasonable measures that the University can put in place. The university can issue interim protective measures and accommodations to provide immediate support and added protection to an individual who has experienced sexual misconduct. Some measures include, but not limited to:
- No Contact Directives
- Persona Non Grata (Limiting an individual or organizations access to university facilities or activities pending resolution)
- Alternative Work Arrangements
- Academic Accommodations (rescheduling exams, assignments, change in class schedule, or voluntary leave of absence)
- Academic Support Services (Tutoring, etc)
- Transportation arrangements; and/or
- Living arrangement modifications.
These measures can be temporary in the duration pending the results of an investigation and resolution, but can become permanent.
Students, Staff, and Faculty looking for interim protective measures should contact the Office for Equity at 216.368.3066