Effective November 30, ISS staff members will be working remotely. Please review the information on the ISS COVID-19 Updates page to learn about how we have adapted our office procedures. ISS anticipates following these new office procedures until January 4, when we return to the office from the holiday break.
Virtual Advising Hours
On Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, advisors are available for advising hours:
- Virtual advising will be available from 11 am to 3 pm, EST. If you have a question or concern that you need to address during that time frame, reach out to an advisor through the chatbox. The chatbox will be available on our website and you will see it pop up here only during this block of time. Please keep in mind that the advisor may be assisting multiple students, so we do appreciate your patience!
There are no advising hours on Wednesday.
During advising hours, an ISS staff member is available to help with a variety of "quick" questions or tasks such as:
- answering visa status/immigration questions that require no more than 15 minutes*
- signing an I-20 or a DS-2019 for travel purposes
- assisting with questions related to services provided or forms used/generated
*If you are speaking with an advisor during advising hours, it may be determined that you need to schedule an appointment to continue your conversation. In that case, the advisor will help you schedule an appointment before you leave the office.
An appointment is required for anyone who wants to meet virtually with an advisor outside of advising hours or a situation/need requires more time for discussion.
Some examples of when an appointment would be required are discussing:
- a change of status for you or your dependent
- any complex situation that involves your visa status
- work authorization eligibility or processes
Appointments may be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and including a brief description of what you would like to discuss. A staff member will respond by email to schedule the appointment and you will have the option to meet via Zoom or phone.
Please note: we generally require 24 hours notice and do not schedule same-day appointments. This is so that we can be best prepared to help you.
Until staff return to work on campus, the Center for International Affairs staff will be not available for any in-person appointments.