In collaboration with campus and community partners, the Center for Civic Engagement & Learning’s (CCEL) Social Change Series spotlights different forms of civic engagement that contribute to social change, such as community service, advocacy, philanthropy, political involvement and social responsibility.
The CWRU community is invited to attend these hands-on projects and educational events to learn social change tools to apply to the causes they care about:
- Explore post-graduate service opportunities with eight gap year providers at Bridging the Gap: Explore Gap Year Opportunities on Friday, Nov. 5, from 12:45 to 2 p.m. via Zoom.
- Join CCEL for two Fall Saturday of Service options this year, Nov. 6 and Nov. 13, to engage alongside other CWRU students in on- and off-campus service projects.
- Hear from student organization leaders about social responsibility practices to apply to daily life (while enjoying a sweet treat!) at Social Responsibility and Shakes on Friday, Nov. 12, from 12:45 to 1:45 p.m. in Thwing Center 201.
- Hear from a panel of CWRU alumni about their advice when advocating for social change at Advocacy 101 with CWRU Alumni on Monday, Nov. 15, from 6 to 7:15 p.m. via Zoom.
- Learn fundraising tips from CWRU staff and student organization members at Philanthropy 101 on Friday, Nov. 19, from 12:45 to 2 p.m. in Nord 400.