In collaboration with campus and community partners, the Center for Civic Engagement & Learning (CCEL) is pleased to continue its new series highlighting monthly a different form of civic engagement that contributes to social change. February’s theme is Advocacy. Explore one of the many opportunities to hear from Cleveland advocates and to learn advocacy tools to take action on causes you care about. Visit the Social Change Series website for upcoming opportunities:
- Thursday, Feb. 18, 4 p.m.–5:30 p.m. Building Black Avenue: How Youth Voices are Shaping the Development of Cleveland’s East 66th Street (sponsored by the Schubert Center for Child Studies, Social Justice Institute, Twelve Literary Arts and CCEL)
- Friday, Feb. 19, 12:40 p.m.–2 p.m. Advocacy 101: Community Organizing with the Ohio Student Association & CWRU Clubs
- Monday, Feb. 22–Thursday, Feb. 25 (register by 2/14) CWRUinCLE Live: Accelerate civic innovators pitch competition
- Wednesday, Feb. 24, 7 p.m.–8:30 p.m. CCEL Serves Virtual Pop-Up: Read & respond to poetry by incarcerated writers
- Friday, Feb. 26, 4:45 p.m.–6 p.m. Declaring Racism a Public Health Crisis
Events are made possible through the support of the 2021 Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration at CWRU to continue Dr. King’s commitment to social justice.