This concert will feature performances by the Case Concert Choir, University Chorale and Case Glee Club. The Concert Choir will premier two new works:
- Spring by Brian Jones (world premier)
- Spring Morning by Theodore Schwamm (winner of the 2023 CWRU undergraduate choral composition competition)
Theodore Schwamm is a senior music major at Kenyon College, focusing on vocal performance and composition. He has studied composition with Ted Buehrer and Ross Feller. Theodore is also the recipient of the American Bach Society’s 2022 Brokaw Grant. Currently, he is working on a piece for chamber ensemble utilizing the structure of humpback whale songs. In the future, Theodore is excited to continue to develop his compositional voice and expand his ability to connect with audiences.
Brian Jones is a music educator, professional singer, private voice instructor, clinician, and composer/arranger.
- Dr. Christopher Clark, director (Case Concert Choir and Case Glee Club)
- Ms. Jessica Steuver, director (University Chorale)
- Graduate Assistants: Liz Baumgartner, Unique Stanfield, Zoe Fagerhaug
- Accompanists: Dr. Ying-Ho Huang, Bryan Tysl