Pulitzer Prize-winning author and Presidential historian Jon Meacham is one of America's most prominent public intellectuals. With a depth of knowledge about politics, history, religion and current affairs, Meacham has the unique ability to bring historical context to issues and events that impact our daily lives. As the author of several #1 New York Times bestsellers, Meacham has written acclaimed books about Thomas Jefferson, Andrew Jackson, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Winston Churchill, George H.W. Bush and civil rights icon, John Lewis. His latest book, And There Was Light: Abraham Lincoln and the American Struggle, will be published in the fall of 2022.
Press the play button located in the center of the video player to activate the live stream. The live stream will begin approximately 30 minutes before the published time.
For best viewing experience, set your player to 1080 p or "Auto." if you experience buffering, reset the player to "720p." (click the bottom right corner labeled HD to make these changes).
If you have both audio and sound, but it appears that the event hasn't started within 5-7 minutes of start time, please be patient as the event may not start precisely at 7:30.
- Please make sure that the volume slider is at full.
- If you experience audio or video issues, please refresh your browser.
- Recommended browser for ideal viewing is Google Chrome.
- If using Microsoft Edge and video will not play, you will need to adjust your browser settings, or move to Chrome.
- Viewing is available on phone, tablet, or computer through an internet browser.
- if you continue to experience issues, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you will get a more immediate response than you might in the chat.